Pages

Monday 23 May 2016

RUBBISH AT DECLUTTERING!

As Jenny hadn't come back from her weekend in time there was no walk today! Over the weekend I have discovered that when it comes to clothes, (or anything else, come to that),  I am rubbish at decluttering!  Jenny is very good at it and lent me a book.  It is 'the life-changing magic of tidying up' by Marie Kondo.  It was a good read and fired me up to clear my closets!  However, when it actually came to it, I just couldn't decide what to get rid of and ended up with a tidier wardrobe in my bedroom, but more clothes in the guest room one!


My only excuse is that I do have more space to store stuff than Jenny, and being a mixed media artist I tend not to throw anything away...  I am a 'just in case' sort of person!  I think I am going to need serious help...

There was one tip from the book that I have adopted - that is her advice on folding clothes, and the way they are presented in a drawer.  Think spines of books and store them standing side by side, rather than laid flat on top of each other.  This way you can see the edge of each item when you open the drawer - genius!


With no walk this morning, I had extra time to make a juice. Lately, I have read some comments, mostly from doctors, about the dubious merits of juicing.  They say it is better to eat the whole vegetable or fruit, roughage and all...

All I can say, is that my juices are in addition to all the fibrous vegetables I eat in the day.  Also, I could never eat the amount of raw ones that I can juice and drink.  This means more vitamins and minerals, which can be easily absorbed.  There have been many studies which say that the vegetables we buy today do not contain the amount of nutrition that seasonal fresh veg used to years ago, so you do need to eat a whole lot more!  Besides, it tastes fantastic and makes me feel good...

The juice that I made this morning is shown above.  I used what was lurking in the fridge.  In this case it was raw beetroot, carrots, celery, mint, parsley, red pepper and lemon.  Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment