Pages

Saturday 11 July 2015

WALKS AND ART

I find going out early morning on our walks inspirational for my artwork.  As we want to keep going with the walking I don't get time to sketch but I take quite a few photos and collect things as I go - leaves, feathers, pebbles, bits of coloured plastic - anything that I can use as inspiration or actually as part of an artwork. The most unusual thing I have found so far is this shoe - worst for wear and abandoned! I love its sculptural shape and the stories it could tell! On the inside of the shoe are the words 'follow me'. I can sketch and paint it and the shoe itself can be altered to become a work of art.  I will show the results in future posts.


This artwork was the basis for the design of the header and colour scheme of this blog.  I took a simple leaf shape, used mono printing techniques and collaged paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment