Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2016

A DARK START!


I have some busy friends so it was out on my own today!  When I left Tadley Acres at seven o'clock it was still dark and the moon was shining.  I like getting out early before the world is awake.  However, the main roads were already busy with traffic...


It was the coldest walk so far this Autumn.  I think I will have to get my gloves out soon!  But the dark soon gave way to the sunrise...


I wanted some fresh air and exercise so it was a quick trot around the outskirts of Shepton with views of the Charlton Viaduct and by the time I came back to the Church and Market Cross they were bathed in sunshine...


I find all walks interesting.  There is always something different to see.  Around Shepton there are a great variety of places to walk, from countryside, woodland, urban streets to housing estates, shopping centres, factories etc.  There are some great views but the one thing we haven't got is the sea!

However, I rectified that last week on some coastal walks in Cornwall - see below.   There is nothing like walking by the sea - the smell, sound and changing landscape. I think most of us love looking at the sea.  After all we are an island nation... 




No comments:

Post a Comment