Pages

Friday 26 August 2016

BACK FROM HOLS!

I have missed a few walks as I have been on holiday.  It is good to go away and get a change of scene, but it is always great to get home and back to familiar surroundings and routines...


I was in France and when I came back it was warm over here too!  The sunny weather continued this morning, but there was a hint of Autumn in the air.  It was certainly darker when I got up and the grasses were wet with dew...


We noticed other signs of the season changing - blackberries ripening, red berries, grapes on a vine, and flowers and grasses going to seed.  We went up on one of our favourite vantage points above Shepton - Barren Down (see top set of pics), and were rewarded with a wonderful sight.  It was a deer, complete with antlers, which suddenly bounded out of the undergrowth, not more than 25 feet from us - too quick to take a photo!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment