Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

WEDNESDAY'S WALKABOUT!

We are now getting into a cold snap and according to the weather forecasters it is going to get colder with possible snow!  The conditions for this morning's walk were good, frosty, clear and crisp. We are still starting in the dark, with the moon and stars, but the sky then developed a golden glow before turning pink.


It is so easy to hibernate when the weather becomes cold.  It is a real effort to get out of a lovely warm bed and go for an early morning walk!  However, I believe that this is the time of year when it is most valuable.  I would be quite happy beavering away in my studio all day long but I need the fresh air, exercise and companionship that these walks provide.  Afterwards, you feel a sense of achievement and have cleared your mind for the day ahead...


  
At the moment we are being bombarded in the media with diets and exercise routines.  I think rather than go on a 'diet' it is much better to change your eating, shopping and cooking habits so that you are consuming healthy, natural foods as unprocessed as possible and make meals from scratch with the minimum amount of cooking!

As for exercise have fun and do something you actually enjoy!  I have tried going to the gym, but I soon get bored and stop going.  If you need inspiration think about the activities you liked to do as a child - hula hooping, cycling, skipping, for example.  My favourite activity is to swim, mainly because I am good at it!  As a child I was a competitive swimmer, retiring at the ripe old age of 16!  Over the last few years I have discovered the joys of wild swimming - it is going to be cold in the quarry on Saturday!!    



No comments:

Post a Comment