Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2016

COLLETT PARK IS GORGEOUS!

As I was on my own today, it was a short walk around the park and town.  Collett Park is known as the jewel in Shepton's crown and with good reason.  It is beautifully looked after, with lush lawns, a flowery bandstand, duck pond, mosaic shelter, play apparatus, a cafe, plenty of benches, plants and trees...


Getting out early in the morning is always a pleasure.  A brisk walk in the fresh air is so good to clear the head, ready for the day ahead!  It can also be a social time, as there are loads of dog walkers, who are always ready for a chat!  Today I bumped into Will and Cathy, friends who own Great Ostry Framing, out with their dog - I have pictured them above waving goodbye...

A good friend of mine, who unfortunately is no longer with us, adopted a rescue lurcher when she moved into a house near the park, so she could make new friends! It certainly worked, as whenever I walked to the park with her, we stopped to talk to loads of her doggy walking friends!



A few weeks ago I bought some David Austin roses in different shades of pink.  I planted them in my front garden and as you can see from the pics above they are now starting to make a show... 



No comments:

Post a Comment