Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

ON A MISSION!

Although Jenny was away, I didn't want to miss out on my walk - I needed the exercise!  However, I knew that unless I set myself a mission, I would just meander! So, I telephoned one of the members of the One Craft Gallery, who lives at Windsor Hill on the outskirts of Shepton, and asked if she minded an early morning visitor for a cuppa!  Luckily Lizzie, our wonderful maker of hats, said yes!!


And that is how I became surrounded by all these fabulous hats!  As you can see she let me try some on.  Lizzie is camera shy so wouldn't allow me to take pics of her, but her hats do speak for themselves...


Another treat for me was to see her working studio and showroom - full of life and creativity - just like a studio should be!  All her hats are entirely handmade from fantastic materials, that she orders from all over the world.  You can tell by Lizzie's enormous noticeboard, (see above, top left), she is brimming with ideas.  She is always developing and designing new hats and accessories, and she also manages to keep up with all the current trends!  She has a dedicated following of customers who buy hats from her for every season!


Where Lizzie lives it is very rural and is quite a trek, up a narrow lane.  I walked briskly and enjoyed it, even though I was on my own - as I had a purpose!  So, perhaps, if you can't find a companion to 'walk the talk', the answer to is to arrange to call in on a friend who will welcome you with a hot drink and some company!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment