Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

DECORATIVE DOORWAYS

Today, I  flew solo, as Jenny couldn't make it!  It was tempting to stay in bed, but I wanted the fresh air and exercise.  The weather wasn't promising - damp and grey - but, by the time I had finished, there was almost enough blue in the sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers, as my grandmother used to say, and it was quite bright!

The walk with no talk wasn't the same, but it did give me a chance to concentrate on my surroundings.  I love old and interesting doors - some of my first mixed media collages were based on them as the central theme.  I find them intriguing - what lies beyond?  What stories could they tell?

In Shepton I am always asking Jenny to stop so that I can photograph a doorway. Here is a montage I put together. 



 
The collage on the left had a photo of a cottage door taken in Lyme Regis, as its focus. This has been made into a greetings card and is popular as a moving home card. Above right, is another one which was used as a card - 'Merry Christmas'  in red was added, with the magic of computers, to the bottom half.  I have put 'artworks to be done based on Shepton doors' on my 'to do' list!



Near the start of my walk I was stared at by this cow.  I have never seen one with two black eyes before!


No comments:

Post a Comment