Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

SUDDEN SOAK

I saw an animal face in this tree trunk and Helen in her mac!
Remind me to listen to Helen, when she suggested I might need my coat.  Instead, I strutted on ahead, saying "a little summer rain never hurt anyone". I also didn't believe we would get any, anyway.  I hadn't looked at the forecast! Well, it did rain, rather a lot...

It started off ok and we made our way out of Shepton towards West Compton.  A large field of bullocks put pay to that, so we meandered our way to the far side of West Shepton.  We set a good pace and when the rain started we were in a sheltered lane.  Then it really came down!  I walked gamely on, but it was soon dripping off our noses and Helen's lightweight mac wasn't up to the job so in the end she was as wet as me!  However, it was warm so we were none the worse for our soaking...

I am still looking for ideas for my garden - love the formal box (top pics) and the fabulous colour (bottom pics).

Day off for me today, so it was home to a hot shower, pedicure (most important for walkers!) and a tan - fake, of course.  Well, I will be waiting a while for the real thing!  All great little treats to give you a lift on a wet day off ....and have to say they are all available at the salon!



No comments:

Post a Comment