Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2016

FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

Today, June 1st, is the meteorological start of summer, although you wouldn't believe it by the weather!  It was windy, grey and damp...



We didn't have long today, so it was a walk to West Shepton going the other way round!  We went past the football club which, I must admit, I have never seen before - don't think they figure in the football league!



May and June are such good months for lush, fresh greenery, blossom and flowers - both wild and cultivated...



I love roses and have just bought 5 David Austin roses to put in my front garden. They are all beautiful shades of pink and I am so looking forward to smelling them, as they are specially cultivated for their old fashioned rose fragrance.  I have some white ones in the back garden and when they are in bloom they always look and smell gorgeous...

I saw, on tv last week, David Austin meeting the Queen at the Chelsea Flower Show. They are both 90 this year and both still working!  In the early 50s, David Austin set out to develop a beautiful rose and he is still doing that today, only now it has developed into a world renowned rose breeding family business...


No comments:

Post a Comment