Pages

Friday 4 March 2016

MARKET DAY!

Jenny has been working so hard that she decided she needed a lie-in today!  I decided to do the same, but old habits die hard and I woke-up the same time as usual!  I am a morning person so I went up to my studio to be creative.  If I have work to do I have to tackle it in the morning for maximum concentration...




Today, I visited Shepton Market when it was in full swing - we often see it being set up on our Friday morning walks.  It was gratifying to see the car park full - the free market day parking must be helping!  As the gallery, which I am connected to, is right in the market place, we benefit from the extra footfall...  

The market was still fairly sparse - it was a chilly day.  Those stallholders who had been hardy enough to brave the weather (we had a brief snow storm earlier in the morning), deserved support.  I bought some hake from the fishmongers for supper. It was really fresh and delicious!  Hopefully, the market stalls will increase as the weather gets better - it is something that the town doesn't want to lose... 



No comments:

Post a Comment