Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

WILD AND WINDY!


Damp and windy today - the weather type I least like!  Although it's over a year that we have been up and out at the crack of dawn, it doesn't get any easier...  Now I've turned it into a moaning Monday morning!

We actually spoke about this again this morning and agreed that the getting up and out is tough but the pay back is so worth it!  I feel trim and fit, and my energy levels are much improved ...

A fly on the wall would see a lot of bumbling around in my bedroom first thing, and then I go into this robotic routine.  I flick on the kettle, lemon sliced in the fridge ready for my drink.  Then a quick splash of my face, teeth are cleaned and then I gear up for whatever the weather looks like and get out the door.   Helen seems to always fit in half of her breakfast, having the rest when she returns, which seems more sense as I get major tummy grumbles most mornings!



On my return I try to get the juicing in - I find if I don't do it on my return it just doesn't happen.  I always use half a lemon again in my juice, with whatever fruit and veg I have, as it adds an amazing zing and floods your body with alkaline fluid.  This is helpful as the gut becomes more acidic overnight through digesting and detoxifying.  It also does further great things by dissolving mucus and flushing the liver - I could go on!!  So all in all a good habit to form...  An incredible book to enlighten a juicing and smoothie virgin is The Juice Generation  by Eric Helms. This is currently on loan from Helen - I believe she has mentioned it before as it came free with her new juicer.  Think I might have to get my own copy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment