Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2016

SMELL THE LILACS!

Quite nasty, I would say, weather wise today.  The rain lashed down for a great deal of our quick circuit.  I stepped on it in a conscious effort to get the walk done!  I don't always feel that way, only when it's wet and cold or I have a huge workload to face on that day.  But  towards the end of the walk, the sun shone, the birds sang and I was glad I had made the effort...

We seem to see blossom, brightly coloured leaves and lilacs in full bloom around every corner.  We both had a go at smelling the lovely old fashioned scent of the different coloured lilacs, but ended with wet faces (see above)!


The bright orange hedge, which I am standing in front of, in the pic above, brightened up the whole proceedings!  We dropped by the One Craft Gallery for Helen to check on something.  I always enjoy a sneaky out-of-hours look around - great gift ideas...

Then we went through the market place, past the jail, to the park on a path by the allotments and then back to Tadley Acres where we took the photo of the striking obelisk, picture above.  We also couldn't resist taking a pic of my tree outside the Garden Room which is part of the salon and home...


The allotments are looking well-cared for with newly turned soil and the sprouting of lovely fresh new veg.  One of the owners caught us taking pics and asked if we would like a closer look!  Unfortunately, we didn't have time today, but would like to take up the invitation another time...

Now as I write this the early evening sun is shining beautifully - it is like a different day...


No comments:

Post a Comment