Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

FRIDAY CATCH-UP!

We seem unable to do three walks a week at the moment - you would think that in the summer months it would be easier, but in fact life is busier, with early starts, and other opportunities, such as swimming, for exercise!  However, today was a good opportunity to catch up with all the latest news...


We did a bit of window shopping at Kilver Court (see above).  They have some fantastic ferns - When I pictured Jenny amongst them, it reminded me of the enormous feathers of carnival outfits!  I expect we will be seeing a few such costumes tonight at the Rio Olympic Games opening ceremony...

We were walking along a quiet road when my boot must have caught something and I tripped and overbalanced -  I almost saved myself, but no, I landed on the ground! Luckily, apart from a few bruises and a grazed hand (I think that happened when I was desperately trying to stop the camera getting smashed),  I escaped with wounded pride, and a most peculiar out of focus photograph, taken by the camera, on my way down!

It did, however, make me think - something like that can happen in an instant, especially when you are older, and have devastating consequences, particularly if you land on your face.  One outcome of my fall was I discovered Spray Plaster!  It stings and is antiseptic when you first put it on, but then it forms a protective, transparent and waterproof layer when it dries - so much easier than conventional plasters, which never stay on when you get them wet! 


We finished up at Shepton Market, as we often do on a Friday, and stopped to admire the fabulous flowers, mostly perennials - I was intrigued by the small pots of miniature roses (see top left).  They would make a great inexpensive present...


No comments:

Post a Comment