Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2016

BUNTING AND ROSES!

No sun, but still warm and humid today.  Jenny and I did a quick stroll around Shepton and ended up with a bit of retail therapy in Aldi!  I found an electric grater/slicer which I have been looking for - ideal for making salads.  It also had the added bonus of having an attachment for making sorbets from frozen fruit, which sounded very inviting in this heat!  I didn't have enough money on me, so I went back later in the day and bought it...


Jenny is extremely busy in the salon this time of year.  The sun and heat makes everybody realise that they need some grooming and help to make themselves beach ready!  She is also doing some forward planning - there is talk of 'supper clubs' and 'girls' night out' with healthy food, drinks and beauty activities!  Watch this space! However, this means that she has no time to write posts on this blog at the moment...


We decided that June is the month for bunting and roses.  On our walks we have passed fabulous roses in people's gardens and have had a smell if we got close enough!  And in the shop windows we saw silk roses, rose designs on vintage fabrics and even a modern version on a picnic bag in Aldi (see pic top left)!


Bunting is everywhere in Shepton!  The High Street has red, white and blue bunting all over the place.  Many of the shops also have it in different colours to look festive as June is the month for festivals!  This weekend there is one in Collett Park and at the end of the month is the famous Glastonbury Festival.  There is also the fact that this weekend is the Queen's Official 90th Birthday!  

'Roses - Pink' - Mixed Media - 30cms x 30cms
As I have had roses on my mind, I was inspired to do this artwork...


No comments:

Post a Comment