Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

COOK FOR COMFORT!

Our walk this morning was another casualty of Storm Imogen - I am sure we never had names for a bit of extreme weather in this country, until recently, and who names them?!?

One great thing to do when it is cold, wet and windy outside is cooking in a warm kitchen!  For the last two weeks, I have been having recipe boxes from Riverford Organics - this has been instead of my usual veg box.  Each box provided all the ingredients for three meals for two people, vegetarian in my case, and full instructions...


Last week I had a guest box by chefs David and Stephen Flynn, two Irish brothers known as The Happy Pear.  They have a large business, including own-label food production and distribution, an on-line shop, a bestselling cookbook and education videos.  They believe in encouraging everybody to eat more veg and wholesome whole food!  They also have a huge social media following and are part of the Jamie Oliver Food Tube family.

I find that it is easy to get in a rut with cooking meals and using the same ingredients.  In the summer I eat most of my food raw but in the winter some comfort food is required!  These boxes are a good way to find out other ways of cooking and introduce different ingredients and flavour combinations.  I found it great fun and it was good not to have to think what to cook next!  The portions were generous - I often had leftovers to have with a salad for lunch next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment