Pages

Wednesday 7 October 2015

WINDY WEDNESDAY!

Today was all about Autumn leaves and lingering Summer blooms... No rain, but plenty of wind which had brought down loads of leaves and conkers!  Our walk took us through and around Shepton - familiar territory!  We looked over some of our favourite gardens to see what was still flowering and we found a lot of colourful shrubs and flowers, including beautiful scented roses.   On the footpath to Bowlish we had to go by a field full of geese.  They soon spotted us and came rushing over making such a racket!


Talking about Autumn leaves, today I put some in the gallery to decorate the window. However, they were not real!  I made them out of paper.   Look here if you want to know how.  Some were strung on paper covered wire and others spread around as fallen leaves.  I did however hang a few leaves, collected on our walks, which I had laminated. That idea was hatched on an early morning talk with one of the volunteers at a local charity shop, who had just done their Autumn window, and had hung some laminated leaves which looked very effective.  I don't know how long they will last and I found to my cost that you have to keep them as flat otherwise the laminator can't cope and becomes jammed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment