Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2015

WALKING BUDDIES

It was a chilly start today - beginning to think I might need gloves!  However, as a contrast to the wet weather we have been having, it was surprisingly pleasant with the sun shining, although it was really muddy underfoot.

The sun is getting low now - see how long our shadows are (middle top).
To keep up a regular exercise routine I believe you need to make a commitment and a buddy to do it with!  When Jenny and I started our walks, nearly a year ago now, we committed ourselves to be free, three times a week at 7am, whatever the weather!  At the time we did not know each other very well.  I was a client at her beauty salon - you have to pay to keep looking good!  She was always talking about doing some exercise so I challenged her to do something about it!


As I live very close by,  early morning walking was an obvious solution.  And it worked!  We are now good friends and talk about anything and everything and have hardly missed a session.  Today we were trying to remember times when we didn't go and we could only think of a few and we really did have good reasons!

Shoe trouble for both of us this morning!
I know if I had only made this commitment to myself, there are many occasions when I would have made excuses not to go - too tired, the weather and or I just didn't feel like it!  But when you have an arrangement with someone else you make the effort as you don't want to let them down. A few years ago I did try jogging for a few months but I got bored and the excuses started!  I also prefer walking to running as there is less wear and tear on the body and then there is the talking...

My favourite photo of the day!
Jenny is now a radio star!  Last week she did an interview  about her business with Larry Dart of Pulse Radio, a local commercial and community station, based in Cheddar, and it aired yesterday.  Listen to Pulse on 104.4FM on DAB, FM and online.  Our walks and blog also got a mention and Larry has put himself forward to be a guest walker!  We look forward to showing him what Shepton can offer - just hope the weather will be kind...


No comments:

Post a Comment